Monday, September 17, 2007

Bridesmaid Dresses and Pandemonium


I received a call from my friend Candace,whom is in a wedding with me on Nov. 10th. She called in a panic and said, "My dress doesn't fit!" Since we ordered our dresses,(less than a month ago) the same time, we collaboratively decided that I should try on my dress too. After jumping up, down, around, and plopping myself on the floor, Craig, my hubby, insisted that there was no way on earth it would fit. I tell Candace, "low and freakin behold it doesn't fit me either." I'm not saying their just a little snug on us, they both will not zip past mid-back. As I'm sure you have a heard David's Bridal has a NO EXCHANGE OR RETURN POLICY. As I recall, Candace and I tried on a size bigger in the store and the DB's employee insisted that we go down a size. We followed her advice and "wallah" they fit BOTH of us perfect. No alterations required. I guess we will be on a hardcore diet the next several because apparently in the process of shipping they shrink...

Fyi- I will not be telling the Bride.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hey sweetie! I am enjoying your blog, and I checked out William Sledd on YouTube. I want one of your wedding cakes!! We still don't have a date yet, but if I could have an original Sledd/Felker cake, I would die! Congrats on all the success, and I hope to see more of you on TV in the future! That's amazing! Between you and Craig, you guys might not be living in P-Town much longer. You all seem to be rising straight to the top. I'm so happy!

Mary Thorsby said...

Hi Stephanie,
My matron of honor had a similar issue -- only with her shoes! Love your new blog. I blogged about it today on www.ilistpaducah.blogspot.com! Congrats! Mary