Friday, November 23, 2007

Stick a fork in it, this Turkey is Done!




I have eaten, and eaten, and eaten! Why is it that on Thanksgiving we find it acceptable to gorge ourselves with food? I have never been so miserable in my entire life! I am not even stepping near a scale! I have had turkey, ham, rolls, various patato dishes, green beens, corn, cheeseballs,cheesecakes, pies, homemade fudge, and atleast three gallons of sweet tea. The list could go on, but I am getting sick thinking about it. Due to divorced parents, step parents, inlaws, and friends I had several Thanksgiving dinners. You know what they say about turkey making you sleepy? It is true, I have slept on average ten hours per night and have fought the urge to nap during the day. I begged nearly a dozen people to go shopping with me this morning since of course it is, "Black Friday," and all. No one would go! I guess they were eating or napping. So, when the work day was over I talked the hubby into going. 10 giftcards and a bag of stuff for ourselves later, we took our sorry, broke butts home!

No comments: